Stop Recycling Colds in your Home!
Something to note this cold and flu season - almost 70% of Americans go to work sick according to a new survey out by Puffs Plus with the Scent of Vicks. I have some quick and easy tips to get everyone in your home through the long cold and flu season.
1. Carry hand sanitizer or wash hands frequently. Tis the season to share everyone's germs on door knobs, handles, light switches, computers and more. Frequent hand washing can help eliminate colds from spreading.
2. Avoid red, raw noses! Use a good tissue like Puffs Plus with the Scent of Vicks. The combination of softness and Vicks actually comforts and soothes you so you can get through your busy day.
3. Disinfect your toothbrush daily when sick. Most people re-contaminate themselves with their own toothbrush. Mouthwash, hot water and soap just won't kill the germs. You have to soak in boiling water or use a toothbrush sanitizer with a UV light.
4. Disinfect the DISHES! Add 1/4 bleach to your dishwashing cycle. Most dishwashers cannot disinfect tough germs if the water temp isn't hot enough or you run your dishwasher without the drying cycle.
5. Keep a clean home and stop the spread of germs! Use antibacterial cleaning products on the high contact surfaces in your home. I use a Swiffer WetJet on my floors and the Mr. Clean disinfecting wipes on sink handles, door knobs, refrigerator handles, railings and remote controls. Both kill up to 99.9% of germs!