Use the following tips to freshen up your home when getting ready to put it on the market.
• Eliminate Carpet Stains: One bad spot can make the whole carpet look as if it needs replacing. Buyers don't want to pay for new carpet upon moving in a home. Invest in a carpet cleaner prior to listing your home on the market.
• Bathroom 911: Clean bathrooms sell homes. Dirty ones don’t. To help keep tubs and showers immaculate, use the Scrubbing Bubbles® Automatic Shower Cleaner. Push the button once a day and voila, a clean shower – a terrific product for a house on the market since you just never know when a realtor will request a showing.
• Organize: A messy closet, jumbled kitchen drawers and cluttered surface areas turn off prospective buyers. Use Ziploc® Big Bags and containers with Snap ‘n Seal lids to organize everything from bedding to loose jewelry to toy cars. Big Bags are great for easy storage at home or elsewhere if you need to clear out extra stuff to make the house more open and airy.
• Paint: Aside from cleaning, painting is the second most cost-effective improvement homeowners can make to a house sell-ready. Painting dirty or brightly-colored walls a neutral shade can help sell it faster.
• Touch-Up Cleaning: Once the deep cleaning is behind you, there are a ton of convenient products that will help keep your home looking like you just scrubbed it for days. Windex® Dry Microfiber Cloths – streak- and lint-free – and Windex® Original glass cleaner are perfect for spot cleaning glass surfaces if your agent gives you a 10-minute warning prior to a showing.
• The Sense of Smell: Nothing is worse than a home that smells like last night’s dinner. Make sure your home smells clean and fresh. When showing your house, have Glade® scented oil candles lit for fragrance and ambiance.